Pages

Sunday 25 January 2015

Quick Reviews: SilkyGirl BB Cream

Yesss there's a new drugstore called Facelook that recently just opened one of their stores about 3 minutes drive from my house. I had to go to Watsons all this time which is about 15 minutes from my house and I'm a lazy bum haha and sometimes I like going into these drugstores like Watson and Guardian so that I can waste my money on things that I don't even use sometimes. I'm a girl and that's what we do best. More on that later.

So, I bought some make-up stuff and I wanna tell you about what I think about this products. This would be my first time trying to review a cosmetics product and I haven't use a lot of cosmetics products to be honest but since I have tried them, why not sharing my opinion right? I haven't tried that many BB Cream products before but I plan on trying some new brands in the future. And to avoid wasting our money over some products which are not suitable for our likings *thumb down*
Yes, I'm an avid SilkyGirl user as I'm just a poor ordinary university student haha and I don't really wear makeup everyday. So, I don't need those expensive ones though I'd like to try them one day hmm. Maybe, I'll do other cosmetics brand reviews later.

1. SilkyGirl Magic BB Water Gel



This is not to be confused with SilkyGirl Magic BB Cream which not only have almost similar name but also very similar packaging colour and style. I know this because I got confused at first lol. Turns out this one is very liquid hence why the water gel compared to the normal bb cream which is well creamy. So Water Gel is easier to apply to your skin. You just have to put a little on the tip of your finger, dots around your face and . You do not need to apply so much as it will break especially on line areas like under your eyes and your cheek line (this only happened if you put too much on those areas though) but this bb cream is probably the most natural bb cream I've ever tried because it blends perfectly with my skin and not so cakey and thick on your face.It helps to cover your small pimple scars but I don't have much pimple scars (lucky me yay) but it evens out my skin tone which I like the most about it, not to mention it makes my skin look natural. Comes in two not-so different colours: 01 Natural and 02 Radiant. Radiant is actually a little darker than Natural. I've used both but I don't see much difference in both colours or maybe it's just me. However, you can try first and choose which one you like the most according to your skin colour. Coverage is light to medium.

Pros: Even out your skintone, conceals, brigthens and reduce visible pores
         Very lightweight, easy to bring anywhere: Pocket friendly
         Affordable price about RM20
         Very easy to apply on your skin
         Light to medium coverage
         Last the whole day: I usually apply in the morning and lasts through the day
         I use it almost everyday and it could last for 4 to 5 months
         Not cakey, looks natural
         Has SPF 30
        

Cons: Great for normal, but dry to combination skin as it contains sodium hyalunorate 
          a.k.a Hyalunoric Acid
          After some months, the cream and water began not to mix with each other.
          Because when I squeezed it out, water would come out first and then the cream would come out. I don't know why but this shouldn't be a problem if you use it regularly and it only happened after I haven't used it for a long time (over a month) and after 4 to 5 months I purchased it.

Recommended or not: Definitely yes.

2. SilkyGirl Magic BB Stick Foundation 



Both this and the previous product were recommended by my friends. I actually used this one first and then I discovered the Water Gel and I began to use that one instead. It's a powder foundation so it's up to you, you can still apply compact powder afterwards or not either is fine. You can use it directly on your face but you have to pat it lightly (not glide it all over your face) because if you use it too hard, you will get small facial hair and dust stick to the powder so this is not hygienic and we don't want to get unhygienic things on our face right. It's better to use a brush instead. Dont put too much, it will become all white and cakey, you do not want that nope. Coverage is mild to medium. If you like powder form products rather than cream or liquid, you would like this one. Comes in two shades: Natural and Medium. I use Natural.

Pros: Very soft texture and easy to use

          Blends well with your skin
          Even out your skintone, conceals, brigthens and reduce visible pores
          Powder foundation. It's powder and foundation, two-in-one.
          Has SPF 25
          Very lightweight and easy to bring anywhere: Pocket friendly
       

Cons: Hygienic issue. Pat lightly not glide all over your face. Use brush instead.
          It claims to work for 12 hours. I would say it last about 4 to 5 hours.
          A bit cakey if put too much

Recommended or not: Yea, it's quite good.
       
3. SilkyGirl Magic BB White Cream



This product has the same name with the powder foundation (the compact powder one) if I'm not mistaken, I'm so confused with Silkygirl products' names sometimes huhu.

This is a good but maybe not the best bb cream out there. Bought this one because I was in a hurry to meet my boyfriend and I didn't put anything on my face at that time (can you imagine going out with your boyfriend without a single make-up touch not even applying powder lol.. but that's me yup). So, anyway this bb cream is okay but I find it a little difficult to blend it out evenly on my face. Maybe it's a little too dry for me. It's not that difficult but I prefer water gel of course. I don't know about brighten up my face haha but it does says with continuous usage. Well, it does but not a lot you will have to use foundation if you want a better coverage though. It does cover your imperfections and brighten your skintone a little. You have to blend it out carefully with your finger to have it look natural on your face. Comes in two shades: Natural and Radiant. Radiant is darker than medium okay. Coverage is medium.

Pros: Lasts through the whole day
         Could last for 4 to 5 months
         Brighten up your skintone slightly
         Cover imperfection
         Has SPF 50

Cons: Not suitable for oily skin
          A bit dry to blend it out all over your face
          Not really help in brighten and lighten up your skin
          A bit cakey if put too much

Recommended or not: An a-okay product. I'd say yes, you can try it.

All these products are available in local Watson, SASA, Guardian and Facelook.

So, tell me what do you think of these products if you have tried it or if you wanna recommend me any bb creams that you like, do that. Because we are all ordinary human beings and we need each others' supports to live in this world (Idek what I'm talking about). Hence, why product reviews are so important hahaha.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik